A sweet, and charmingly moist cake, using roomy rhubarb, next optional coconut and almonds! This cake disappears fast at our house and was adapted from a recipe that came from my mother in law.
The ingredient of Rhubarb Cake III
- 2 cups finely chopped rhubarb
- u00bd cup white sugar
- u00bd cup butter
- 1u2009u00bd cups white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2u2009u215b cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- u00bd teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon sports ground cinnamon
- u00bd teaspoon pitch nutmeg
- 1 cup buttermilk
- u00bd cup flaked coconut
- u00bd cup finely chopped almonds
- 4 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 4 tablespoons brown sugar
- 4 tablespoons butter
The instruction how to make Rhubarb Cake III
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease and flour a 9x13 inch pan. In a small bowl, blend chopped rhubarb behind 1/2 cup sugar; set aside. Sift together the flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream together 1/2 cup butter and 1 1/2 cup sugar until blithe and fluffy. prominence in the eggs one at a time, later campaign in the vanilla. Beat in the flour union alternately gone the buttermilk. Fold in the rhubarb mixture. stir up opinion in the coconut and chopped almonds. Pour batter into prepared pan.
- To make streusel topping: In a small bowl, adjoin 4 tablespoons flour and 4 tablespoons brown sugar. Cut in butter until incorporation combination resembles coarse crumbs. Sprinkle roughly speaking height of cake.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 30 to 35 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean. enter upon to cool.
Nutritions of Rhubarb Cake IIIcalories: 401.5 calories
carbohydrateContent: 61.3 g
cholesterolContent: 62.3 mg
fatContent: 15.7 g
fiberContent: 1.9 g
proteinContent: 5.5 g
saturatedFatContent: 8.7 g
sodiumContent: 328.1 mg
sugarContent: 40.4 g