A delicious artifice to use buoyant rhubarb! These muffins are moist following a sweet cinnamon buttery topping that works so with ease in imitation of the sharpness sourness of the rhubarb. I adapted this recipe from the indigenous native to make it vegan for my husband. I cant direct the difference amongst the two, theyre both so tasty!
The ingredient of Vegan Rhubarb Cinnamon Streusel Muffins
- 3 cups water
- u2153 cup flax seeds
- 1 cup soy milk
- 1u2009u00bd teaspoons lemon juice
- 2u2009u00bd cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- u00bd teaspoon salt
- 1u2009u00bc cups brown sugar
- u00bd cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups chopped rhubarb
- u00bd cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon vegan margarine (such as Earth Balanceu00ae), cut into cubes
- u00be teaspoon auditorium showground cinnamon
The instruction how to make Vegan Rhubarb Cinnamon Streusel Muffins
- Bring water and flax seeds to a boil in a saucepan. shorten heat and simmer for 30 minutes. Strain union to cut off surgically remove seeds. enter upon to cool to lukewarm.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Line 18 muffin cups later than paper liners.
- Mix soy milk and lemon juice together in a small bowl. Set aside until curdled, very nearly 5 minutes.
- intensify flour, baking soda, and salt together in a large bowl.
- combination amalgamation brown sugar and oil in a separate bowl. stir up in 1/2 cup flax egg mixture, curdled soy milk, and vanilla extract. Stir sugar fusion and rhubarb into the flour blend until flour is just incorporated.
- Spoon shout insults into the prepared muffin cups, filling each 3/4 full. amalgamation brown sugar, vegan margarine, and cinnamon together to make streusel topping. Spoon a little streusel topping greater than each muffin.
- Bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, 20 to 25 minutes. Let cool in the pans for 10 minutes prematurely removing to a wire rack to cool completely.
Nutritions of Vegan Rhubarb Cinnamon Streusel Muffinscalories: 210.8 calories
carbohydrateContent: 31.6 g
fatContent: 8.4 g
fiberContent: 1.6 g
proteinContent: 2.9 g
saturatedFatContent: 1.1 g
sodiumContent: 155 mg
sugarContent: 16.5 g