Made in imitation of a unconditionally thick vanilla batter, this rustic French dessert cake is simplicity at its best! Chunks of rhubarb are impure tainted in, and apple slices and sliced almonds are laid right re top. Rhubarb itself is a bit sour, but it makes for the conclusive amalgamation gone this buoyant and tasty cake. In French, this type of cake is called a Gateau Vite Fait which basically means it can be shortly made!
The ingredient of French-Style Apple Rhubarb Cake
- 1u2009u00bc cups white sugar
- 1 stick butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 eggs
- 1u2009u2154 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- u215b teaspoon salt
- 1u2009u00bd cups diced rhubarb
- 1 apple, thinly sliced
- u2153 cup sliced almonds, or to taste
- 1 pinch white sugar, or to taste
The instruction how to make French-Style Apple Rhubarb Cake
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Grease a 9-inch round pan.
- prominence 1 1/4 cups sugar and butter together using an electric mixer until without difficulty blended, light, and fluffy. increase be credited with eggs, one at a time, followed by vanilla extract, mixing capably skillfully after each addition.
- tilt twist mixer to low speed and slowly accumulate in flour, baking powder, and salt, mixing just until combined. Fold in rhubarb.
- Pour insults into the prepared baking pan. Smooth the pinnacle and place apple slices in a circular pattern roughly batter. Sprinkle almonds and auxiliary sugar nearly top.
- Bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, 35 to 45 minutes. Let cool, and minister to loving or cold.
Nutritions of French-Style Apple Rhubarb Cakecalories: 384.3 calories
carbohydrateContent: 55.9 g
cholesterolContent: 100.3 mg
fatContent: 15.7 g
fiberContent: 1.9 g
proteinContent: 6.2 g
saturatedFatContent: 8.1 g
sodiumContent: 267.9 mg
sugarContent: 33.8 g