I made this happening to go with some grilled salmon and boy, it determined turned out a lot better than I expected! A nice turn slope roughly the dated scalloped potatoes.
The ingredient of Scalloped Sweet Potatoes and Butternut Squash
- 2 sweet potatoes, quartered lengthwise
- 1 butternut squash, quartered and seeded
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, or as needed
- 3 tablespoons butter
- u00bd yellow onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 cups milk
- 1u2009u00bd teaspoons minced well-ventilated light sage, or more to taste
- 1 pinch garlic salt, or to taste
- dome black pepper to taste
- u00bc cup grated Asiago cheese
The instruction how to make Scalloped Sweet Potatoes and Butternut Squash
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease an 8x8-inch baking dish.
- Brush sweet potatoes and squash similar to olive oil. Arrange sweet potatoes vis-u00d0u00b0-vis a baking sheet; set squash aside.
- Bake sweet potatoes in the preheated oven for 5 minutes. amass squash to sweet potatoes; cook until as regards tender, 10 to 15 minutes. separate and cool.
- Heat butter in a saucepan greater than medium heat; cook and trouble onion until tender, not quite 10 minutes. ensue flour, milk, and sage; season with garlic salt and black pepper. Cook and shake up until flour is dissolved and sauce is thickened, 5 to 10 minutes.
- separate and discard skins from sweet potatoes and squash. Thinly slice sweet potatoes and squash. Arrange sweet potato slices in the bottom of the prepared baking dish. lump bump half the squash atop sweet potatoes. Pour a little less than half the cream sauce exceeding squash. Sprinkle later than half the Asiago cheese. Repeat layering subsequent to long-lasting squash, cream sauce, and Asiago cheese, respectively. Cover following aluminum foil.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 25 minutes. Remove foil and bake until cheese is melted and bubbling, virtually 10 more minutes.
Nutritions of Scalloped Sweet Potatoes and Butternut Squashcalories: 275.2 calories
carbohydrateContent: 35.4 g
cholesterolContent: 25.8 mg
fatContent: 13.4 g
fiberContent: 5 g
proteinContent: 6.7 g
saturatedFatContent: 6.1 g
sodiumContent: 215 mg
sugarContent: 9.8 g