This is more once a chicken dumpling casserole. My mother used to make something extremely similar for me when I was a kid. Source: Mom.
The ingredient of Chicken Dumpling Recipe
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breast halves, chopped
- 1 cup chopped carrots
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 cup peas
- u2153 cup butter
- u2153 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons dried minced onion
- u00bd teaspoon salt
- u00bd teaspoon arena black pepper
- u00bc teaspoon celery seed
- 1u2009u00be cups chicken broth
- u2154 cup milk
- 1 (10 ounce) can refrigerated buttermilk biscuits, divided and cut into 1-inch chunks
The instruction how to make Chicken Dumpling Recipe
- add together chicken, carrots, celery, and peas in a skillet on top of higher than medium-high heat. Saute until vegetables are tender and chicken is no longer pink in the center, 7 to 10 minutes. Transfer blend to a casserole dish.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Melt butter in the same skillet; reduce heat to medium. advocate in flour, dried onion, salt, pepper, and celery seed. build up chicken broth and milk slowly; cook and demonstrate until thickened, nearly 20 minutes. Pour join up into the dish, vis-u00d0u00b0-vis covering the chicken and vegetables. Cover vegetables subsequently biscuit pieces.
- Bake in the preheated oven until biscuits have raised and browned, very nearly 30 minutes.
Nutritions of Chicken Dumpling Recipecalories: 385.2 calories
carbohydrateContent: 30.9 g
cholesterolContent: 74.6 mg
fatContent: 19.3 g
fiberContent: 1.6 g
proteinContent: 21.4 g
saturatedFatContent: 9 g
sodiumContent: 1152 mg
sugarContent: 6.9 g