This soup won me 1st prize at our annual soup-off. It is a creamy combination amalgamation of a leek broth later than seasoned chicken and wild rice blend. Served subsequent to bread, it is a meal.
The ingredient of Creamy Chicken, Leek, and Wild Rice Soup
- 4 cups chicken gathering
- 2 cups water
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can chicken broth
- 2 (1.8 ounce) packages dry leek soup fusion
- 1 cup diced carrots
- 2 stalks celery, diced
- 2 cups shredded cooked chicken
- 1 (6 ounce) package long grain and wild rice mix
- 8 ounces half-and-half
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
The instruction how to make Creamy Chicken, Leek, and Wild Rice Soup
- enlarge chicken stock, water, chicken broth, and soup fusion in a large pot on top of higher than medium heat. move around until all soup mix is dissolved, and bring to a boil.
- accumulate carrots and celery, reduce heat, and simmer for 10 minutes. amass chicken and rice, cover, and simmer for 20 minutes. go to half-and-half and pepper and simmer for 10 more minutes, creature utterly careful it doesnt scorch.
- Meanwhile, melt butter in a small pot. mount up flour and disquiet to make a paste. Cook for 1 minute, subsequently next slowly add 2 ladles of liquid from the soup; rouse until no lumps remain. build up this join up to the soup and work up until with ease combined. Continue to simmer until soup thickens slightly, 2 to 3 minutes. utility immediately.
Nutritions of Creamy Chicken, Leek, and Wild Rice Soupcalories: 390.3 calories
carbohydrateContent: 39.6 g
cholesterolContent: 69 mg
fatContent: 17 g
fiberContent: 2 g
proteinContent: 19 g
saturatedFatContent: 7.9 g
sodiumContent: 2421.2 mg
sugarContent: 3.3 g