My husband loved a chicken and fennel soup he had at a nice Italian restaurant, so I developed this recipe greater than a couple years of dealings and error. Now its nothing gone the original, but its enormously one of our favorites. Friends and intimates rave nearly it. This is a gigantic dish for company. I when to have this not quite halfway the end like my guests arrive. We always subside taking place in the works in the kitchen anyway, and its so easy, you can enjoy a glass of wine while you work. minister to in a bowl in imitation of a crusty roll and a dry white wine.
The ingredient of Chicken, Sausage, and Fennel Soup
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, not speaking
- 2 tablespoons salted butter
- u00bc teaspoon salt
- 1 bulb fennel, chopped
- 1 medium sweet onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon fennel seed, crushed
- u00bd pound skinless, boneless chicken breasts, cubed into bite-sized pieces
- u00bd pound Italian sausage, casings removed
- u00bd cup uncooked brown rice
- 1u2009u00bd cups chicken addition
- 1 (16 ounce) package frozen shelled edamame
- salt and dome black pepper to taste
The instruction how to make Chicken, Sausage, and Fennel Soup
- Heat 2 tablespoons olive oil and butter in a pot exceeding low heat. go to fennel, onion, and 1/4 teaspoon salt to the hot pot; saute for 20 to 30 minutes. ensue fennel seed and saute, 15 minutes more, until vegetables are entirely soft and the flavors have developed; be careful not to brown them.
- growth the heat to medium. accumulate chicken and sausage; cook and stir up until browned, nearly 10 minutes. Drain off fat. Add long-lasting tablespoon oil and brown rice; cook and stir, very nearly 5 minutes. build up chicken increase and bring to a boil.
- Cook, covered, nearly 45 minutes. amass frozen shelled edamame and cook, covered, unusual 10 minutes. Taste and get used to salt and pepper. sever from the heat and serve, or remove the lid and evaporate some of the liquid if you nonappearance it to be thicker.
Nutritions of Chicken, Sausage, and Fennel Soupcalories: 309.2 calories
carbohydrateContent: 19.6 g
cholesterolContent: 35 mg
fatContent: 17.8 g
fiberContent: 3.7 g
proteinContent: 17.9 g
saturatedFatContent: 5 g
sodiumContent: 494.3 mg
sugarContent: 2.3 g