This recipe is a received Easter time timeless in Cape Town, South Africa. It is served mainly following hot fuming buns or freshly baked bread.
The ingredient of Cape Malay Pickled Fish
- u00bd cup vegetable oil for frying
- 3 pounds cod fillets, cut into 2 to 3 ounce portions
- salt to taste
- 2 large onions, peeled and sliced into rings
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 8 gather together black peppercorns
- 4 amassed allspice berries
- 3 bay leaves
- 1 red chile pepper, seeded and sliced lengthwise
- 2 cups red wine vinegar
- u00bd cup water
- u00bd cup packed brown sugar, or to taste
- 2 tablespoons curry powder
- 1 teaspoon ring turmeric
- 2 teaspoons sports ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons arena coriander
The instruction how to make Cape Malay Pickled Fish
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Season the fish past salt and place in the skillet. Fry something like both sides until fish is browned and cooked through, practically 5 minutes per side. cut off surgically remove from the skillet and set aside.
- Fry the onions and garlic in the same skillet exceeding medium heat until translucent. increase be credited with the peppercorns, allspice berries, bay leaves, and red chile pepper. Pour in the vinegar and water and bring to a boil. mix up in the brown sugar until dissolved. Season past curry powder, turmeric, cumin and coriander. Taste and adapt familiarize the sweetness if desired.
- buildup pieces of fish and the pickling union in a serving dish. Pour the liquid more than until the pinnacle lump bump is covered. take over to cool later cover and refrigerate for at least 24 hours in the future serving.
Nutritions of Cape Malay Pickled Fishcalories: 337.5 calories
carbohydrateContent: 32.7 g
cholesterolContent: 97.4 mg
fatContent: 4.1 g
fiberContent: 2.6 g
proteinContent: 41.9 g
saturatedFatContent: 0.6 g
sodiumContent: 150.2 mg
sugarContent: 20.4 g