The first recipe I made for my relatives relations after my first semester of culinary hypothetical was sticky buns. Ever before then, theyve had a special place in my heart. Its been my experience as soon as baking that the harder a dough is to take steps with, the better it comes out and this is no exception--the contrast amongst this gorgeously tender, airy dough and the sweet, crunchy, sticky topping is just otherworldly.
The ingredient of Chef Johns Sticky Buns
- u2154 cup admiring water
- u2154 cup tender romantic milk
- 2 teaspoons full of life dry yeast
- 2 tablespoons white sugar
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 4 cups all-purpose flour, or more as needed
- 1u2009u00bd teaspoons fine salt
- u00bd cup packed well-ventilated brown sugar
- u00bc cup white sugar
- 1 pinch salt
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1 cup chopped toasted pecans
- u00be cup packed blithe brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon pitch cinnamon
The instruction how to make Chef Johns Sticky Buns
- insert warm water and milk in a mixing bowl and sprinkle yeast over. Let sit until frothy, just about 10 minutes.
- ensue sugar, egg, and melted butter for dough to the yeast mixture. mixture combination past a rouse to the front adding 75% of the flour following the salt. Mix, adding more flour, until a unconditionally soft and sticky dough is formed. Let knead in the mixer for practically 5 minutes. Cover and let rise in a affectionate spot until doubled in size, roughly more or less 1 hour.
- While dough is rising, preheat the oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Generously butter a 9x13-inch metal baking pan.
- Combine brown sugar, white sugar, salt, melted butter, and water for topping in a bowl. Mix thoroughly until smooth. Pour into the prepared pan and move on evenly to cover the bottom. Scatter pecans evenly greater than the top. Set aside until needed.
- enhance brown sugar and cinnamon in a bowl for filling; mixture combination until adequately combined. Set aside until needed.
- Transfer dough onto a lightly floured surface. Lightly flour your hands and press and stretch the dough to form a 18x15-inch rectangle. Sprinkle cinnamon-sugar join up evenly beyond the dough to the edges, leaving behind rejection a 2-inch border along the edges. Lightly press the sugar union into the dough similar to your hands.
- Roll the dough into a cylinder next lightly floured hands starting subsequent to the edge closest to you; intention not to roll too tightly. Finish shaping the cylinder as uniformly as possible, seam-side down. Lightly score the roll subsequently the edge of a knife to indicate 12 equal portions.
- Slide a piece of string or floss under the dough, lining it up at the first knife mark. incensed the ends of the string more than the summit zenith and appeal in opposite directions to cut through the dough. Continue behind permanent dough.
- Transfer buns into the pan next topping, making 3 rows of 4 buns. If one side of a bun has more dough than another, place similar to the doughier side happening in the pan. Tent the pan loosely past foil and let rise until buns have on the subject of doubled in size, 45 minutes to 1 hour. Save foil in clash you habit it towards the fade away of baking time.
- Bake in the preheated oven until an instant-read thermometer inserted into the center of a bun reaches 200 degrees F (93 degrees C), very nearly 35 minutes. If the tops are getting too browned, loosely tent the pan like foil for the last 5 to 10 minutes of baking time.
- cut off surgically remove from the oven onto a wire rack and let cool for 5 minutes. approach pan greater than carefully onto a serving platter. Use a spoon to transfer any sticky topping that has remained in the pan. Let cool and support loving or at room temperature.
Nutritions of Chef Johns Sticky Bunscalories: 448.5 calories
carbohydrateContent: 63 g
cholesterolContent: 47.1 mg
fatContent: 19.8 g
fiberContent: 2.3 g
proteinContent: 6.6 g
saturatedFatContent: 8.3 g
sodiumContent: 324.7 mg
sugarContent: 29.7 g