I love making these Chinese pineapple buns (bolo bao). Theyre my favorite treat. bodily Chinese, my parents would always go to the Chinese bakery during the weekend and attain purchase these to eat for breakfast or for a snack. Now that I moot how to make these myself, it has saved a lot of money.
The ingredient of Bolo Bao (Chinese Pineapple Buns)
- 1u2009u00bd cups white sugar
- 1 cup lukewarm water
- 1 cup lukewarm milk
- 2 packages energetic dry yeast
- u2154 cup salted butter, melted
- 2 eggs
- 7 cups bread flour, or more as needed
- 1 cup sugar
- u00bd cup butter
- 2 egg yolks
- 4 tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 cup canned red bean paste, or as needed
The instruction how to make Bolo Bao (Chinese Pineapple Buns)
- insert 1 1/2 cups sugar, lukewarm water, and 1 cup lukewarm milk in a no question large bowl. accumulate yeast and let stand until yeast softens and begins to form a creamy foam, roughly more or less 10 minutes.
- ensue 2/3 cup melted butter and 2 eggs to the bowl later the yeast fusion and fusion well. increase be credited with 7 cups flour, 1 cup at a epoch and blend in; next dough comes together, set in motion kneading until elastic but yet nevertheless sticky. Cover the bowl and let rise for 1 hour in a doting place.
- Divide dough into 36 equal pieces; cover and let buns rise for 1 hour more.
- While buns rise, beat 1 cup sugar and 1/2 cup butter together in a bowl. accumulate egg yolks, 4 tablespoons milk, and baking soda. complement 2 cups flour and baking powder in a separate bowl; amass to the sugar-egg yolk mixture. Refrigerate cookie topping at least 1 hour.
- Flatten 1 bun in your palm; place a spoonful of red bean bonding agent inside. Squeeze edges together to cover filling and roll bun help into a ball. Let filled buns rise again, 30 minutes to 1 hour.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Divide cookie topping into 36 equal balls. Flatten the balls and use a knife to make shallow hash mark lines resembling pineapple skin something like each. Place 1 topping something like each bun and place them vis-u00d0u00b0-vis a baking sheet.
- Bake in the preheated oven until golden, 15 to 20 minutes.
Nutritions of Bolo Bao (Chinese Pineapple Buns)calories: 241.8 calories
carbohydrateContent: 39.8 g
cholesterolContent: 38.2 mg
fatContent: 7.1 g
fiberContent: 1.2 g
proteinContent: 4.9 g
saturatedFatContent: 4.1 g
sodiumContent: 126.9 mg
sugarContent: 14.4 g