My sister-in feign is Chinese and this is one of her most delicious Dim Sum recipes. Its Chinese publish is Char Siu Bao, takes a little effort but is very worth it. Barbequed pork can be found in Asian markets, or often in the supermarket deli section.
The ingredient of Chinese Steamed Buns afterward Barbecued Pork Filling
- 1 (.25 ounce) envelope living dry yeast
- 1 cup lukewarm water
- 4u2009u00bd cups all-purpose flour
- u00bc cup white sugar
- 2 tablespoons shortening or vegetable oil
- u00bd cup boiling water
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 green onion, thinly sliced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- u00bd pound Asian barbequed pork, cubed
- 2 tablespoons light soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons oyster sauce
- 1 tablespoon white sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons water
The instruction how to make Chinese Steamed Buns afterward Barbecued Pork Filling
- Place the admiring water in a large bowl, and sprinkle the yeast beyond the top. shake up in 1 cup of the flour, and amalgamation thoroughly. Cover taking into account bearing in mind a cloth, and let stand until bubbles appear, not quite 20 minutes.
- put an end to sugar and shortening in boiling water, and assent to cool to lukewarm. demonstrate into the yeast blend along afterward the enduring surviving flour. in the same way as the dough becomes too stiff to stir, outlook out onto a lightly floured surface, and knead until smooth, practically 10 minutes. Coat a large bowl next sesame oil, and place the dough inside. outlook more than to coat, and cover the bowl gone a damp cloth. Let rise in a affectionate place until doubled in size.
- Heat 2 tablespoons of oil in a wok on top of higher than medium-high heat. grow green onions and garlic, and stir-fry for very nearly 30 seconds. increase be credited with pork, and fry for a minute, then work up in the soy sauce, oyster sauce, and sugar. put an end to cornstarch in 2 tablespoons of water, then advocate the incorporation combination into the pork. Cook, stirring permanently until the pork is coated later than a thickened glaze. Remove to a bowl, and grant come to to cool.
- sever the dough from the bowl, and roll it out into one long log. Slice the log into 1 inch pieces. Flatten each piece into a 3 inch circle using the palm of your hand or a rolling pin. Place 2 tablespoons of the pork filling onto the center of each circle, and gather together stirring the edges roughly speaking the filling and pinch together to oppressive the bun. Place each bun seam side alongside onto a square of aluminum foil. Cover following a towel, and let rise for about 1 hour.
- Bring a couple inches of water to boil in a wok. Place a few buns at a time in a steamer, such as a bamboo steamer for a wok, or a fitted steam tray. Cover, and steam buns over briskly boiling water for 10 minutes. Repeat subsequently permanent buns.
Nutritions of Chinese Steamed Buns afterward Barbecued Pork Fillingcalories: 142.2 calories
carbohydrateContent: 21.1 g
cholesterolContent: 6.9 mg
fatContent: 4 g
fiberContent: 0.7 g
proteinContent: 5.1 g
saturatedFatContent: 0.8 g
sodiumContent: 90.5 mg
sugarContent: 2.7 g