While this tamale pie has unconditionally little to attain behind its south-of-the-border namesake, its a in fact in point of fact delicious recipe all the same.
The ingredient of Hot Tamale Pie
- cooking spray
- 2 pounds sports ground beef
- 2 cups diced poblano peppers
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 (16 ounce) jar salsa
- u00bd teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon arena dried chipotle pepper
- 2 (8.5 ounce) boxes dry corn muffin mixture combination (such as Jiffyu00ae)
- 2 eggs
- u2154 cup milk, at odds on bad terms
- 4 ounces shredded Cheddar cheese, divided
- 4 ounces shredded Monterey Jack cheese, at odds on bad terms
- 8 ounces frozen corn, thawed
The instruction how to make Hot Tamale Pie
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Spray a 9x13-inch casserole dish considering cooking spray.
- Cook and disconcert whisk sports ground beef in a Dutch oven on top of higher than medium-high heat until meat starts to brown and release juices, just about 5 minutes.
- cut heat to medium and trouble in poblano peppers, salt, salsa, oregano, and chipotle powder; cook and disturb until seasoned beef is crumbly and no longer pink, not quite 10 minutes.
- Mix one package of corn muffin mixture combination in a large bowl considering 1 egg and 1/3 cup of milk. Whisk to combine. In a separate large bowl, fusion the second package of corn muffin mixture combination taking into account bearing in mind 1 egg, 1/3 cup of milk and half the Cheddar and Monterey Jack cheeses.
- go forward the prepared corn muffin blend without cheese into the prepared baking dish. Sprinkle corn over the muffin mix, followed by permanent half of the cheeses, later the beef mixture.
- Spoon the corn muffin mixture combination as soon as cheese vis-u00d0u00b0-vis top of the beef and intentionally enhance more than the pinnacle next a fork, leaving just about half an inch from the edges of the pan.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 50-60 minutes, until golden brown.
Nutritions of Hot Tamale Piecalories: 639.5 calories
carbohydrateContent: 54.3 g
cholesterolContent: 145.7 mg
fatContent: 31.8 g
fiberContent: 6.6 g
proteinContent: 34.7 g
saturatedFatContent: 13.5 g
sodiumContent: 1556.1 mg
sugarContent: 4.5 g