This cheesy asparagus recipe is simple, quick, and fantastic!
The ingredient of Asparagus Casserole
- 4 eggs
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 4 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 (15 ounce) can asparagus, drained once liquid reserved
- u00bd cup milk
- u00bd teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper
- 4 ounces harsh Cheddar cheese, cubed
- u00bd cup blanched almond halves
- u00bd cup seasoned bread crumbs
The instruction how to make Asparagus Casserole
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Butter a medium-sized casserole dish.
- Place eggs in a medium saucepan and cover similar to Cool water. Bring water to a boil and shortly cut off surgically remove from heat. Cover and let eggs stand in hot water for 10 to 12 minutes. cut off surgically remove from hot water, cool, peel and chop.
- In a muggy saucepan, melt the butter. demonstrate in the flour, salt, and pepper; blend thoroughly. Gradually rouse in 3/4 cup of reserved asparagus liquid and the milk; cook (stirring constantly) until the sauce is thickened and smooth . If the merger is too thick, more asparagus liquid or milk can be further until the fusion reaches the desired consistency. Stir in the Worcestershire sauce and cayenne pepper. sever the pan from the heat.
- accumulation the asparagus, eggs, cheese, and almonds into the casserole. Repeat the layering until all of the ingredients are used. Spoon the sauce on top of higher than the layers and sprinkle in imitation of crumbs.
- Bake in the preheated 350 degree F (175 degrees C) oven for 20 minutes; or until bubbly and lightly browned.
Nutritions of Asparagus Casserolecalories: 406.2 calories
carbohydrateContent: 19.7 g
cholesterolContent: 199.1 mg
fatContent: 29.3 g
fiberContent: 3.3 g
proteinContent: 18.5 g
saturatedFatContent: 12.9 g
sodiumContent: 727.8 mg
sugarContent: 3 g