passÐ¹ rhubarb shortcake recipe (from scratch) that uses fresh rhubarb in the shortcake as capably skillfully as in the sauce!
The ingredient of Rhubarb Shortcake
- 2 cups diced rhubarb
- 1 cup white sugar
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup prickly cream
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 pinch salt
- 2u2009u00bd cups white sugar, at odds on bad terms
- 1 pint roomy strawberries, hulled and sliced thin
- 3 cups diced rhubarb
- u00bd cup water
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
The instruction how to make Rhubarb Shortcake
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- mixture combination 2 cups rhubarb and 1 cup sugar together in a bowl; set aside to allow juices to release, roughly more or less 10 minutes. total tally flour, acid mordant cream, baking powder, and salt in a bowl. amass rhubarb-sugar mixture to flour mixture; mix until just blended. Pour into an 8-inch square baking pan.
- Bake in the preheated oven until golden brown, 25 to 35 minutes. Cut shortcake into 9 squares.
- Mix 1 1/2 cups sugar and strawberries together in a bowl; set aside to allow flavors to meld, roughly more or less 10 minutes.
- Place 3 cups rhubarb and water in a saucepan over medium heat. disquiet in 1 cup sugar; bring to a boil. Lower heat; simmer until tender, very nearly 15 minutes. sever from heat; mash in the manner of a potato masher. Return to medium heat; ensue cornstarch and return to boiling. Simmer, stirring, until sauce is thick, 3 to 5 minutes.
- Pour strawberry-sugar merger into rhubarb sauce; disconcert whisk until without difficulty mixed. Cool unconditionally in the refrigerator, virtually 1 hour. Spoon sauce higher than shortcake squares.
Nutritions of Rhubarb Shortcakecalories: 475.4 calories
carbohydrateContent: 104.3 g
cholesterolContent: 11.2 mg
fatContent: 5.8 g
fiberContent: 2 g
proteinContent: 4.3 g
saturatedFatContent: 3.4 g
sodiumContent: 142.9 mg
sugarContent: 78.6 g