Rhubarb is cooked until tender, subsequently next chilled and layered subsequently sweetened whipped cream to make a summertime, backyard BBQ favorite!
The ingredient of Rhubarb Fool
- 2u2009u00bc pounds rhubarb
- u2153 cup orange juice
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 pinch salt
- 2 cups cold oppressive stifling whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons white sugar
The instruction how to make Rhubarb Fool
- Trim the ends from the rhubarb and cut into 6 inch lengths. Soak in a large bowl full of Cool water for 20 minutes. Drain and pat dry, subsequently next cut diagonally into 1/2 inch slices.
- In a saucepan, protest together the yellowish-brown juice, 1 cup of sugar and salt. Bring to a boil and grow the rhubarb. Return to a boil, after that set heat to medium-low and simmer, stirring isolated 2 or 3 times, until rhubarb is tender, 7 to 10 minutes. Stirring too much will cause the rhubarb to suspension down. Transfer the rhubarb blend to a glass or ceramic bowl and cover in imitation of plastic wrap. Refrigerate until cold, at least 1 hour.
- Whip the muggy cream subsequent to the enduring surviving sugar in a large bowl using an electric mixer until it can stand in a soft peak.
- To store up the fools, spoon 1/4 cup of the rhubarb merger into each of 8 small glasses. Cover when the same amount of whipped cream. Repeat layers until you complete the pinnacle of the glasses. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour and taking place in the works to 6 hours further on serving.
Nutritions of Rhubarb Foolcalories: 345.6 calories
carbohydrateContent: 36.7 g
cholesterolContent: 81.5 mg
fatContent: 22.3 g
fiberContent: 2.3 g
proteinContent: 2.4 g
saturatedFatContent: 13.8 g
sodiumContent: 27.8 mg
sugarContent: 30.4 g